Friday, March 31, 2006

A little update on the Smiths

Well, Shane and I have decided that it is time to let the world in on our little secret. The secret isn't all that secret anymore, but I know that there are some people who don't know. Shane and I are expecting another baby again in September! For those of you who are having a hard time keeping count this is number 5. We are very excited and being that I am 15 weeks now, and starting to have a hard time buttoning my pants, we figured we couldn't hide it anymore. We thought that we were done having children, but our Lord has other plans. And so he has yet again created life within my womb, out of the love and passion that Shane and I share for each other.
There was a time that this really freaked me out. I thought having another baby, going to school, homeschooling, and the stress of Shane going to Iraq, was going to require me to be medicated. Seriously. But God is so good to me. He does not plant me on a limb and leave me. Like the gentle man He is, He guides me and speaks to me and lets me know that even if I do have to birth my baby without my husband even in the states, that I am not alone. I am not forgotten with what to me at the time seemed like a staggering amount of responsibility. I am surrounded by a love so deep and so intense that He would die for me.
So, I have surrendered to what God has planned for my life. It might not have matched up with what I had planned, but who am I to argue with the One who created the earth and the sunsets, and this life. So, as my body nurtures this little one, and my heart grows to love and nurture it's soul and spirit, My God nurtures me.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Congratulations you guys, we are so thrilled for you! You guys are amazing and I know that God will provide all of your needs while Shane is away, please let us know if we can do anything to help. Besides just praying for strength and peace and protection for all of you.

By the way, we are going to be at church in Orting on Easter so if you are at church hopefully we will get to see you and show off our new little girl :)

Bless you guys!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger caleb and sarah turner said...

WOW! COngratulations you guys, another cute little one! Isn't it funny how we try to make plans, when God already has it all under control...we forget that sometime. I am glad he is changing your heart, and growing your Faith in Him. You are not alone! We love you guys and miss you. Be blessed.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip hop dance class

 

Post a Comment

<< Home